Wen Haircare - BEWARE using Wen Shampoo HAIR LOSS!!!!!!!!!

Aug 18, 2012
review #340078

I've seen the commercials and thought why not try it because it seems to have a nice effect on hair and felt that my hair could even look better.I was shocked to see after the first wash SO MUCH HAIR IN THE SHOWER.

I have never experienced that in my life. I immediately called company and gal I spoke with advised to keep using with the conditioner as she had lost hair too the first time as it was just kicking out old stuff. I wanted to believe and used again with the conditioner and gobs of hair falling out. I stopped and it has been a month and shedding, shedding, shedding.

I hate to wash my hair as there is so much fall out and now I'm stressed which doesn't help.I only wish I would have read all the other people that are losing their hair with this horrible product.

a9f8daf
Had an experience with Wen Haircare?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Saved

Jun 29

I am glad that I read your report on Wen. I was just about to order it. Thank you.

HumbleOpinion

Jun 02

I have very thick, healthy, never-colored hair. My overall health is excellent and I am not on any medications. I can confirm that Wen causes hair loss! Just Friday, after a limited trial of Wen, I had hair falling out in the shower. I have never exerienced anything like this in my life. I have not washed my hair since Friday and am frankly fearful of showering! Wen is an awful product - do not tell someone with handfuls of lost hair how much you love Wen!!!

Mar 01 Escondido, California

I LUV LUV LUV the WEN Conditioner!! For over 30 yrs my hair has been on the short side and was only able to barely get it on my shoulders
Since Wen, i Don't have to color as much because my color last longer. PLUS my hair has grown over 4 inches in a year of using!! For the First time, my hair is longer then my daughters!!
I WILL NEVER USE SHAMPOO AGAIN I'M A WEN WOMAN FOR LIFE!!
Pomegranate is my Favorite! No Hugh hair Loss! :) :) :) :)

2 3 Reply
Thinning

Jan 09

Loved the product at first, but after 8 months, I have lost hair in two spots as well as at the front hairline. I am sad, my hair has always been thick and pretty. I can only pray that after discontinuing usage, maybe it will grow back. Be aware, not a good thing to use.

ramona0101

Sep 10

Mine, too! Three bald spots and a trip to the Mayo Climic got injections later and I'm not touching WEN again!

0 0 Reply
pleh

Dec 31, 2013

Hi
Many have posted of how Wen is causing their hair to fall out, but I haven't read follow ups. Those who have posted complaints, are you able to post the aftermath of months of shedding. How long has the shedding continue since you stop using Wen? Has anyone gone bald? Has anyone completely loss their hair line or bangs? Have their hair completely recovered once the shedding stopped? How long before your hair started to grow back? Also, if you mention your age I believe will help both younger and older readers. Original suffer's experiences would be greatly appreciated for those who are just starting to experience this horror
Thanks

Dec 15, 2013 Cicero, Illinois

To the person who suggested that "you read the reviews" on QVC to know there is not a lot of complaints with this product; I can tell you from personal experience that QVC screens it's posting and my negative review with great specificity and detail was never posted. And read the contents on your Wen bottle. Your hair is shiney because wen is loaded with silicone. Over time silicone causes buildup, blocks your pores and hair follicles and will indeed cause your hair to break off and fall out. If your hair is naturally shiny, without the aid of product, this is a sign of smooth cuticles, but overly shiny hair with wen should be your clue......silicone, silicone, silicone......

Dec 13, 2013 Chicago, Illinois

Having recently posted my experience with Wen and substantial hair loss over a relatively short period of time. I am most surprised by the negative posting from those who say, "I love Wen, I haven't lost any hair, so something must be wrong with you."

Whether it is a hair care product, cosmetic or topical treatment of any kind; one must be open to the reality that not everyone will experience the same results based on their use of a product. For some women, Wen may be a "life safer" "hair changer" etc.,in what you perceive to be a good thing. BUT!!!!! there are just as many, those such as myself who have experienced the negative effects as a result of this product. Wen is much thicker than your standard commercial conditioner, and this really should make one wonder what is in it. And here in the U.S. we need to be more educated with a product's claim to be "All Natural." The FDA DOES NOT have a clear definition as to what "ALL NATURAL" is and this leaves the door open for makers of products to use such terms and legally be within the boundaries and yet, sale and promote products with ingredients that can be harmful.

Per Wen's own labeling:

The Styling Gel and Texture Balm contain Propylene Glycol. This is used as a Humectant. A humectant is a substance that helps retain moisture content. It prevents things from drying out. This is the reason why it is used in skin care products & cosmetics. It makes the product feel soft
... Show more

hate deception

Oct 20, 2013 Winston Salem, North Carolina

I used wen on the advice of a family member. I started getting sores on my scalp and my hair came out. There is something in it that causes an infection of the hair follicles, thus the hair falls out. stop using and see a dermatologis

Rasmataz

Aug 06

I had the same experience. Sores, pus, oozing and tremendous hair loss. You can see my scalp over my entire crown and edges. There needs to be a class action suit against this company. I'm getting married in 3 weeks and have to get a weave" it's deplorable that they do not provide a warning as I know they know people are experiencing this devastating side effect.

Sep 06

A class action lawsuit has been filed. Check it out online.

0 0 Reply
Kay

Oct 13, 2013

My friends,family and I have been using Wen a lot-none of them has had any problems losing their hair or any other problems. Could it be that you're on some medication that is causing this or something- it improved hair growth for us and the best product we've ever tried.

1 2 Reply

Oct 13, 2013

I'm not taking anything pharmaceutical, in fact my background is health and nutrition so I know how to eat right and take the best supplements. Yes there are people that have done well with this product but there are many who haven't.

1Deal2gal

Sep 08, 2013 Toronto, Ontario

U can buy this product cheaper at those as seen on tv stores such as Showcase at mapleview mall in Burlington. And u can choose a one two or three month supply...best part, same freebies no shipping fees!!!! :grin

1 1 Reply
NotAwenGirl

Sep 08, 2013 Toronto, Ontario

This isn't ***.... It happened to me AND MY 18 YR OLD daughter too...and after stopping Wen the hair loss CONTINUED FOR OVER A YEAR!!!! At least so far....let ya know if it stops. Oh, coincidentally we were using the pomegranate as well. We started with original... No problem... Pomegranate... Big problem. No idea why. :cry

Emma

Sep 02, 2013

Since so many state they believe the folks that love this product actually work for the company, I have a suggestion. QVC sells this product, so it may help to read their reviews. If you think the reviews on QVC are bogus, all you need do is call QVC customer service to confirm the reviews are posted by ordinary people that have purchased the product from QVC. Now, on the flip side, my hair has always been moderately thin, very fine, silky, stick straight with absolutely NO body, and (in my younger years!) quite shiny. WEN does do a good job of cleansing, and after using it for over two years, I am not losing my hair. BUT, I find this product leaves my hair even more limp and flat. I must STILL use mousse or styling gel - as I always have. NOTHING has ever produced body and bounce in my hair! Also, watching the infomercial I noticed every woman's hair looked flat, even those with very thick hair (extremely curly hair excluded). They need to add a volumizer directly into the cleanser. WEN does, however, make my hair shiny, and when you are 50-something, that is a big plus! Gov't. Employee.

1 1 Reply
Eve

Sep 02, 2013 Lawton, Oklahoma

If you people hate or love this WEN product then you should show your pic with your comment so we can see your hair. That will make these reviews more believeable. As it is, we don't know if you are customers or working for the WEN company.

1 2 Reply
Elizabeth

Sep 02, 2013

Why would you need to see a photo of someone's hair? How would that prove whether or not that person worked for WEN? Case in point: They both use the product. Illogical.

Mommanuks

Jul 29, 2013 San Juan, San Juan Municipio

I have been using WEN for a little while now. At first I noticed a little thinning but put it off as a change of seasons thing winter-summer....that was until I now have actual patches of missing hair!!!!! Some the size of quarters. Went to the dr and they found NO medical reason for this to be happening and can't diagnose alopecia because it appears that the hair is trying to grow back...which leaves The new WEN products I have been using. Looked online and found I am not the only person to have this problem. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! Unless you believe baldness is an acceptable cure for frizzy hair.

Figgs

Jul 26, 2013 San Francisco, California

I have thick course hair that was getting damaged from washing my hair everyday and using a flat iron and a blow dryer, saw the Wen commercial and ordered it. At first I was not a fan, hair was dirty looking and did not feel great. I watched the demonstration one more time and did exactly what they said to do and have been in love with Wen ever since. I love the fig, mango coconut and the pumpkin. They are the best with my type of hair that needs a lot of moisture. I don't lose anymore hair than I normally did when I used shampoo and conditioner and my hair grows much faster than it did before. I never want to run out.

3 1 Reply

1-20 of 54 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Wen Haircare.
Filing a new complaint about
×