Wen Haircare - Directed to Black People

May 12, 2011
review #237377

Has anyone tried using this Wen Poduct & what do you think about it? From a black person point of view; I have tried it and it leaves your hair soft but without the balm its very dry and frizy. The styling cream leaves it dry and very hard. So please respond,would like to see posting from other black females who have tried this product.

Looking for more responses from black females on this product. When i watched the tv clip you really couldn't tell if the black hair was really dry or not. Looks are deceiving sometimes.

Sign Want to know

9d09428
Had an experience with Wen Haircare?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Got my Hair BACK 58

Sep 03 Sacramento, California

Ladies forget about all these BOGUS products!
My thinning hair was caused by the spinning Instyler, and was falling out by the handfuls everyday, and I tried virtually every product out there to regrow my hair,and nothing was working. That is until I did a little research on balding and home remedies.
What I found out is that most of us have a solution right at our fingertips, and if not this product is easily available EVERYWHERE ! My magic find is Aloe Vera...Not Aloe Vera products, but pure Aloe from the plant of which I had several growing in and around my home. Not only after my first month of use did I stop seeing my hair washing down the drain and in my comb and brush, it also adds shine and strenthens your hair. This is real ladies and REALLY works!
Heres what you will need:
Aloe Vera Plant
Bowl or container Butter knife Shower Cap Heres how you do it: 1. Remove (2) leaves from your plant 2. Cut the plant down one of the seams and open flat. (Fluid in plant will be thick and sticky) 3. With a butter, knife run the flat edge down the open leaf, running fluid into your container.(try to keep gel chunks out of your fluid as mush as possible, but it will not harm hair if some remains. 4. Apply to dry hair paying close attentions to your ends if they are splitting. 5. Put on shower cap(plastic) and let remain for 30-40 minutes 6. Do your normal wash and conditioning....Thats it . Repeat this every other week, and you WILL see a difference, I took it one
... Show more

RoRo

Jan 13 Union, New Jersey

Hi I am a black female and I have watched the wen cleansing conditioner for about one year on qvc before I ordered it. I purchased the largest bottle (thanks to easy pay option) and my daughter started using first on a consistent bases (weekly) for about a month as directed on the bottle. I brought the fig which is specifically for african american hair texture. You only need to use two pumps (one per wash) as the conditioner is so concentrated that as your putting conditioner in your hair you add water as well which will help produce more conditioner to cover your entire head (my daughter's hair is shoulder length and extremely coarse). Let me tell me you I have never found a shampoo or conditioner that leaves her hair extremely soft as the wen does. As a result I have started using on my head with the same results (my daughter has a relaxer and I am all natural ). Give it another try and follow these instructions and im sure you will be just as pleased as we are with this product. I do plan on purchasing other wen products from qvc. Hope this helps you.

1 1 Reply
ALLABOUTMYHAIR

Apr 11, 2013 New York City, New York

I've used this product and must say I love it. Although, with this product I've noticed that I had to use plenty in order to see results. For example, I typically wash my hair with shampoo twice, one squirt each, and put one squirt of conditioner in my hair. So that's three squirts of product and this isn't even mentioning what I do for my deep condition. With Wen I used a minimum of 30 squirts. 15 for wash and 15 for condition. And I do not have long hair. Although, in the end my hair was soft and bouncy. Also, my hair is relaxed, my newgrowth as well is amazingly soft.

denise

Mar 14, 2012

Im black nd i've tried Wen . It really dried my hair out , I had to re wash my hair with my reg shampoo nd did a deep condition jus to get my hair back to normal

Gotta Share

Mar 04, 2012

I've tried 3 diff versions of Hair One (two full bottles & half a bottle of the third version) consistently 4 about 5 months trying 2 find the best version 4 my hair type. I didn't like how difficult it was 2 comb thru my hair during the cleansing process & afterwards reapplying a bit as a leave in with large globs of hair being pulled out but, for the most part, was satisfied with the end result. UNTIL I tried the Fig version of Wen, which is ideal for ethnic, coarse, thick or curly hair. My hair is everything but curly. Thanks 2 my mother, who let me try hers, I now know absolute satisfaction & I am truly in love with my hair. Little 2 no hair loss thru the whole process, longevity, shine, bounce, the list goes on & on. The best part is that I bought it directly from Chas Dean's personal site so I didn't have two worry about small print because everything is explained in large print & accessible. Thanks again 2 my mothers insight. www.chazdean.com also has a 30 day refund window (you still have 2 pay 2 ship it back).

1 0 Reply
Deb

Feb 17, 2012 La Prairie, Quebec

I tried Wen a month ago and I was very pleased with the product. I wear my hair natural with micro twist and didn't have to use a get for my curly twist to stay put. It was different from the rest because my curls came out solid and looked liked little shirley temple curls twisted. Very pleased so far.

Denise

Aug 27, 2011

Wen is wonderfull!
I have used it only for a month with weekly hotoil or natural kitchen mixups deep conditions for over a month. The styling cream is garbage but the oils and the conditioning shampoo are superb. I am black and I dont relax and my hair is now moist and my curls bouncy touchable..smell good and soft.

0 1 Reply
chic444

Jul 09, 2011

I am bi-racial (black and white) and I find that it dried my hair out too

Han

Jul 06, 2011

I have really wavy curly, really thick hair and I've been using this for a couple of weeks. The first couple of times I used it, it seemed to really restore my curls BUT my scalp was pretty dry. The styling gel that comes with it makes my curls kind of cruchy the way gel does and applying it sucks because it causes my hair to frizz. (You know how it is, once you're done washing it, you don't mess with the curls)

The extensive treatment doesn't do anything. I slept with it overnight and it was the same as washing it with the conditioner.
I don't really care for it, I'm looking for another product since this one leaves my hair too frizzy and it also seriously clogs my drain since I have to use so much product with each wash.

Not worth it.

ryansgg

Jun 14, 2011

tried HairOne instead (cost wise)...it seem to work ok during the whole process, but once I flat ironed and started to comb, I could feel my ends split (the static electricity sound)...lots of short broken ends in the sink...tried it again as a start because the tea tree formula seem to help my scaly scalp...followed with my regular creme of nature detangling shampoo, herbal essence long term relationship conditioner...going to try to upload video to youtube (ryansgg) to see last weeks results...overall...HairOne, Wen-type product...a NO for me

Shef

2 hours ago Calgary, Alberta

I've used both hair one and wen. The results were very different for both on my hair. The hair one left my hair feeling like it wasn't clean. I had to throw out the entire bottle. The wen, however, gave me awesome results. I'm on my 5th bottle to date.

Sold on 'Hair One'

Jun 12, 2011

Hair One at Sallys Beauty Supply is the best product I have ever used! I have thick, dry, very curly hair. This product leaves it shiny, curly and soft! It compares and surpasses Wen with none of the hassles and less then half the price. Try it you will love it!

lida

Jun 02, 2011

I am a black woman, with medium coarse hair, and I have been using Wen for a little over a month now, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it!! I am trippin about all the people who have issues with the billing/all that, because I haven't. This product works better than anything I've tried. $30/month to keep my hair beautiful is not alot AT ALL! I waste more than that going to the salon every 2 weeks, or going out to dinner ONCE!!

1 0 Reply
My Honest Opinion

Jun 02, 2011

I'm black and have almost typical african american hair.. I do not relax my hair and haven't in at least 2 years.. I like my hair to grow and relaxer just made it look all thin and brittle.. So my hair is very coarse and noticably curly when wetted..

I've used this product and I liked it.. It did leave my hair soft and easier to comb out in order to straighten.. However, I was one of the people who had a hard time cacelling my 'membership' so refused to order the product again..

I then went online and checked out some forums and messg boards and was directed to go to Sally's Beauty Supply and find a product called 'Hair One'.. Found it.. Love it.. It has been at least 1.5yrs since I started using it and it is amazing.. I use the olive oil formula for dry hair and recommend it to everyone.. My hair has grown past my normal breakage point and at this rate i will never have to deal with the horrid smell of a relaxer ever again..

I would suggest if you like your hair strait invest in a really good tourmoline straitener and some 'Hair One'.. You will be as excited about your hair as I am.. Hope this helped..

richard

May 22, 2011

it dont work dont buy it wast of money.

flybombshell

May 20, 2011

I only use the shampoo and conditioner and it is AMAZING!! Hair is THICKER and FULLER. DON'T OVER SATURATE!! When shampooing (2 to 3 pumps washing hair twice for a total of maybe 5 minutes combined) and 1 to 2 pumps of conditioner (leave enough water in hair to comb conditioner evenly through, leave in and if you apply to much it'll leave hair weighed down). I don't use the balm/styling creme or any of the other products!! IT WORKS!!

Dee

May 20, 2011

The wen product worked nice for a few months then it started making my hair come out.THE ONLY THING ON MY HAIR IS DYE THAT IVE BEEN DOING for over 20 years with no problems.
waste of money

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Wen Haircare.
Filing a new complaint about
×