• show-popup

Shares 0

Wen Haircare - wen products, I have only used this product one time and have noticed a very itchy scalp.

Company Wen Haircare
Product / Service Wen Hair Care
Location Novato, California
Category Cosmetics and Toiletries
Views 318

I bought wen from the tv add.I had high hopes for it.

After one use i did like the appearance of my hair , but have had very itchy scalp from only this one use.
I like so many woman have tried everything to help my hair that is fine and colored look and feel healthy. I have not had this problem of itchy scalp before using wen. It isn't just a mild case.

It is annoying and i find my fingers in my hair scratching every few mins.between scratching I, am trying not to scratch Has anyone else noticed itching scalp? 30256ee

Comments (10) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 31, 2013
I'm also experiencing a very itchy scalp, I didn't know what it was, but after seeing everyone's review, that has to be why its so itchy.
Reply to LPY

Feb 01, 2013  from Lemon Grove, California
I was just googling dry and itchy scalp and came across your post! I also, am experiencing intense itchy and dry scalp after using Wen! I wasn't really sure what was causing it, but it makes sense now.
Reply to ashley

Jan 23, 2013  from Ottawa, Ontario
I have used the cucumber 3 times and have the horrible itching and burning sensation as well... I am afraid, very afraid!... And will be returning this product tomorrow! :(
Reply to Keri

Jan 18, 2013  from New York City, New York
I have very blonde highlighted bleached out hair that can sometimes feel like straw.
Cust Service told me to use the Pomegrante. The first few times it made my hair soft and silky and beautiful. Like the other posts, after a few more times of use, my scalp started itching and I noticed quite a bit of hair loss in my drain catch. I switched to milkshake brand hydrating shampoo and conditioner, then use aquage beyond shine to use with flat iron. No itching, very little hair in the drain, and the milkshake brand smells fabulous, my hair is just as silky as when using the wen product. Only no itch, and smells fantastic
Reply to Shasha

Jul 16, 2012
I used the Sweet Almond 3 months ago and my hair was beautiful. Now I bought the Cucumber and my scalp started itching. I don't know if go back the sweet almond or buy another shampoo. :sigh
Reply to MarizelB

Jun 01, 2011
I just book marked your blog on Digg and StumbleUpon.I enjoy reading your commentaries.
Reply to acehallesurce

Apr 10, 2011
Okay,

So I ordered the Wen automatic shipments from Guthy Renker for my daughter (not cheap). As soon as my daughter started using the products she started to have a VERY, extremely itchy scalp, to the point that it was interfering with her school, since she was really embarrased to have to scratch her head constantly. We couldn't figure out what was causing this itching problem, until my wife started using the Wen products and had the same results.
Reply to RickyD

Mar 28, 2011
I used Wen for a grand total of 2 weeks. In those 2 weeks my hair dried out, became brittle and my scalp started itching like crazy. I've since switched back to dove and the itch doesn't seem to fade at all, it's been almost 2 months now. :(
Reply to Tiffany

Dec 30, 2010
YES! I used it for about 4 months and the entire time I had very itchy scalp.
Other than that, I loved how my hair looked and felt. I used the cleansing conditioner ONLY (I order the QVC sampler...Almond and Tea Tree were my favorites, I did not care for Lavender or Cucumber they made my scalp itch worse, Fig was nice but a little heavy for my hair).
I'm white, with medium texture, light brown/wavey hair that tends to frizz at the ends (rub a tiny bit of Fig on dry ends for extra frizz control).
Does anyone know how to prevent the itchy scalp? ...or why it causes itchy scalp?
Reply to Julie

Dec 30, 2010
Wow, I noticed when I went back to Herbal Essences my scalp was really itchy, back to Wen and my hair and scalp are fine. Then again I have thick, curly heat damamged hair. Its possible you were having a reaction to the ingredients in the cleanser.
Reply to Erica

Read next Wen Haircare complaint

Wen is Designed for Wrong Market !

I have been using Wen for 3 weeks now; it's the worst hair "cleanser" I've ever used !Not on...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Wen Haircare.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug